Do you want to register online as a Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) customer?
Here’s are the easy step-by-step guide how to register online as a customer on Companies and Intellectual Property Commission (CIPC) Website:
To be able to transact with CIPC, you need to register as a customer on our website. Once registered, a virtual account is created in your name.
- Click here to create a customer code and password.
- Click on “Customer Registration”.
- Indicate if you have a South African green barcoded ID document or smart card. (Yes/No)
- If Yes, complete the ID number and Surname and click on Continue. If you do not have an ID number, complete your password number.
- Complete the required fields and click on Register. Please note that the Surname, Name(s0 and ID/Passport Number will be pre-populated on this screen. All compulsory fields are indicated with an asterisk.
- The fields will be verified. If there is any problem or missing information, an error message will display in red, indicating what is required. Correct the fields as indicated and click on “Register” again.
- If the registration was successful, the following message will display: “CUSTOMER CODE REGISTERED!
Your new CIPC customer code has been sent to your cellphone and email address. Click continue below to change your password. Customer Code: X1234.”
Click on Continue.
- A message will display, indicating that your new CIPC customer code has been sent to your cell phone and email address. Click on continue to change your password.
- On the next screen, most fields are pre-populated. Complete the security question, and type in a password. Re-type the password for verification purposes. Check the pre-populated fields and update if any information need to change. Click on Update.
- A message will display indicating that your customer details have been updated, and that your CIPC customer login details have been sent to your email and cellphone. Click on Continue.
- The landing page of the transactional website will be displayed. Click on the relevant button to transact.
Registering as a customer is a once-off process. Keep your customer code and password secure to use for all transactions.