Do you want to lock WhatsApp with password on iPhone or iOS devices? Hopefully you already know that by default Whatsapp has no option to lock with password on iPhone / iOS devices. There are two choices namely iApplock and Password for WhatsApp
Here’s are the easy step-by-step how to lock WhatsApp with password on iPhone:
- The first thing you need to do for the app to work is to jailbreak your iPhone. There are several jailbreaking softwares online and here is an article you can learn about jailbreaking.
- Download the app via Cydia and let the system install it. Once it’s installed, launch the app and select WhatsApp from the list of apps. Click on Save and input your PIN to protect your app.
There are other alternatives like BioLockDown and BioProtect which work with Touch ID. Problem is they are paid apps.
Your iPhone does come with a few security features that eliminate the need for you to jailbreak it.
- If you navigate to Settings > General > Restrictions you will find the feature that allows you to hide all applications downloaded from the App Store.
- All you need to do is enable restrictions, tap on Apps and select “don’t allow apps.”
- To hide conversations from WhatsApp main screen, swipe a conversation or tap on Archive.