Do you want to edit privacy settings of WhatsApp status?
By default, WhatsApp sets your privacy settings to allow:
- Any WhatsApp user to see your read receipts, last seen, about and profile photo.
- Your contacts to see your status updates.
Here’s are the easy step-by-step how to edit privacy settings of WhatsApp status:
- Once again, naturally, open WhatsApp.
- Go to Status and tap on the Three dots menu icon on the top right, and tap on Status privacy.
- Alternatively, you can tap on the menu button in the main chats screen and open Settings > Account > Privacy > Status.
- There are three options here, My contacts, which is all your contacts; My contacts except.., which lets you pick contacts to exclude; and Only share with.., which lets you pick contacts to share with.
- If you don’t share your last seen, you won’t be able to see other people’s last seen.
- There is no way to hide when you are online or typing.
- If you turn off read receipts, you won’t be able to see read receipts from other people. Read receipts are always sent for group chats.
- If a contact has disabled read receipts, you will not be able to see that they have viewed your status update.