Do you want to do a sim swap with Vodacom prepaid or contract?
If you have lost or damaged your existing Vodacom SIM Card or you need to exchange your SIM for a smaller MicroSIM or NanoSIM card to fit into a new device.
Here’s are the easy step-by-step to do prepaid or contract sim swap with Vodacom:
Method 1 (Prepaid)
- Buy a new Prepaid starter pack and register it for RICA.
- Dial 136 from the new SIM.
- Select the option to use your old cellphone number.
- You will be routed to a call centre consultant who will do the SIM swap for you.
- Put your new SIM into your device. It will take between two and 24 hours before the new SIM card is activated.
Method 2 (Contract)
If you need to swap your SIM to fit a new device that takes a smaller SIM or you’ve lost your SIM, go to your nearest Vodacom store and one of the shop assistants will help you make the change. Please note that there may be a SIM-card activation fee.
Remember to take these with you:
- Your South African ID or passport.
- Your current Vodacom cellphone number (if you have one).
- A replaceable contract SIM (you can purchase one at any Vodacom Shop).
- You will need to RICA when you purchase a new SIM so have your proof of residence handy.
The shop assistant will help you complete the necessary documentation. The SIM swap will be processed immediately and your new SIM will be active in about 2-24 hours.