Do you want to add your business to Google Maps and Google Search? You must first have a Gmail or Google Account in order to add your business information to Google Maps, Search, and other Google properties and you’ll need to create a Google My Business listing (or get access to one, if it already exists). Manage how your business information appears across Google, including Search and Maps, using Google My Business—for free.
Here’s are the easy step-by-step how to add your small business to Google Maps:
1. Go to google.com/business and click Start now at the top right corner of the page.
2. Sign in to your Google Account, or create one if you don’t already use Google services.
3. Enter the name of your business and click Next.
- Note: You can also select your business from the suggestions that appear as you type.
4. Enter the address of your business and click Next. You may also be asked to position a marker on the location of your business on a map.
- If you manage a service-area business, follow these additional steps:
- Check the box for I deliver goods and services to my customers. Optionally, check the box for Hide my address (it’s not a store) Only show region –.
- Click Next.
- Select a delivery area option and click Next.
5. Search for and select a business category and click Next.
6. Enter a phone number or website URL for your business.
7. To complete sign-up, verify your connection to this business by clicking Continue.
8. Select a verification option.
- To verify at another time, select Try a different method and click Later. If you’re not authorized to manage the business, find the person in your organization who’s authorized and continue the process.
Note: If you see a page that says “This listing has already been claimed,” click Request ownership and follow the directions to claim your business. Learn more about requesting ownership.