BIRTH NAME: Nyiko Floyd Shivambu
DATE OF BIRTH: 1 January 1983
PLACE OF BIRTH: Mahonisi (Malamulele), Limpopo
WIFE: Siphesihle Pezi-Shivambu
BROTHER: Brian Shivambu
FATHER: Elias Shivambu
MOTHER: Constance Shivambu
CHILDREN: Katekani ShivambuSiphesihle Pezi-Shivambu
Nyiko Floyd Shivambu is a member of Parliament of Republic of South Africa and the Deputy President of Economic Freedom Fighters (EFF).
Early Life, Background And Childhood
Nyiko Floyd Shivambu was born on the 1 January 1983 in Mahonisi (Malamulele), Limpopo. He was raised by both parents, mother Constance Shivambu and father Elias Shivambu.
Floyd’s young brother is Brian Shivambu, is one of the 50 people implicated in the VBS forensic report.
Floyd Shivambu married the love of his life, Siph’esihle Pezi in March 2017 and they have child, Katekani Shivambu.
Floyd Shivambu completed matric from the Mphambo High School in Malamulele in 2001. He has been studying since 2002, graduating with a Bachelor’s degree and an Honours in political studies and international relations from the University of the Witwatersrand (Wits). He then furthered his political studies at the Wits, graduating with a master’s degree with a distinction in 2014.
- Spokesperson of African National Congress Youth League (2008–2012)
- SRC President at University of Witwatersrand (2004–2005)
- National Executive of South African Students Congress
- Students Representative of Joint Initiative for Priority Skills Acquisition (2006–2007);
- Board Member of the National Students’ Financial Aid Scheme (2008–2012);
- Member of Parliament for the EFF (2014–present);
- Member of the Pan African Parliament since 2014;
- Floyd Shivambu is the Deputy President in the Economic Freedom Fighters (2013–present)